Saturday, May 2, 2020

Meet Vicki and Amy, the tutu twins




Vicki and Amy are two unstoppable twins fighting cancer, one tutu at a time. Vicki is a breast cancer survivor and her twin sister, Amy, was her caregiver through it all. 
Watch their story on YouTube.
After the initial diagnosis, Vicki and Amy found the strength together to take the next steps in Vicki’s cancer journey. 
“I just call myself a warrior,” Vicki said. “I really wasn’t scared so much as 'ok what, what’s next? What do we do? What’s the game plan?'” 
These sisters not only turned to Relay to help fundraise to help find a cure, but also joined a community of supporters. This dynamic duo creates tutus every year and fundraises for their team by renting them out at their local Relay event. 
“I love my tutu so much,” Amy said. “I think they spread joy all around me.” 
Vicki and Amy brought their Relay spirit and joy to the Relay USA Virtual Experience on Saturday, April 25, reminding all participants why Relay is important and fun. Watch the replay.
*Shared from MySocietySource.

No comments:

Post a Comment